Same standard, different calibration curve

HI!

So, I bought 10 standard vials that contain multiple (>200) pesticides. I prepared 5 standards for my calibration curve mixing the 10 vial into the standard vials for my calibration level. After setting up the method, i found this difference: some compounds are perfectly fitted by the curve (r2= 0.99) while others have this particular trend with the 2nd-3rd-4th(?) calibration standard. same calibration vial of the "perfect" ones. standard made in the same way.

i thought that could be some interference between the >100 compounds that create this trend.

Other suggestion? Is there a way I can resolve this?

Perfect fitted compoundNot perfect fitted compound

Parents
  • Hello

Can you describe how you prepare STDs (dilutions, pipettes etc)? It looks like concentration problem (preparation or calculation). Have you got good RSD% on each level?

Regards

Tom

• I used 1,5-3-7,5-15-37,5 microliters of every standard (x10) and transferred into a 1,5 mL vial to the volume of 1,5 mL (with the ISTD) to make 0.01-0.02-0.05-0.1-0.250 ppm standards. First, I tried with an automatic pipette (first time it appears the issue) and then with a manual 10 ul syringe to make sure to pick the correct volume (first though with the automatic pipette was the non-correct volume). i'm pretty sure about the volume picked with the manual syringe because I paid a lot of attention so i don't think that i could be the problem. At the end, the vials had all the same volume so I don't think that it can be a problem of incorrect volumes.

How can i visualize the RSD%?

Here is the calibration curve with the ISTD

• 1. You have 5 different levels. But how many injections you did for the same level? Normally you should have at least 3 injection per level. So if you have good RSD for each level it means that injection precision is not an issue.

2. You have ISTD calibration curve. Check ESTD calibration (without IS). Perhaps you're problem is IS response.

3. HPLC vials are not calibrated glassware (volumetric) so you shouldn't assume that mark 1.5ml is actually true. and you shouldn't use them to prepare STDs. At least topping them up to mark - It is not proper way.

• 1. You have 5 different levels. But how many injections you did for the same level? Normally you should have at least 3 injection per level. So if you have good RSD for each level it means that injection precision is not an issue.

2. You have ISTD calibration curve. Check ESTD calibration (without IS). Perhaps you're problem is IS response.

3. HPLC vials are not calibrated glassware (volumetric) so you shouldn't assume that mark 1.5ml is actually true. and you shouldn't use them to prepare STDs. At least topping them up to mark - It is not proper way.

Children
Was this helpful?