Method resolution report - unable to open the GC-MS peogram

Yesterday when I looked at the screen, I noticed the flow is 0 and oven temp is 0 as well. I tried to restart the program but I am keep getting a new report which is method resolution report and it doesn't allow me to get into the program.

It say: configurationmis match:

Back inlet 

Front detector 

Back detector 

Aux1 

As we don't have any detector and I don't know why this happened. I can't change any configuration and as the result I am not able to run the program. 

I  would be appreciated if anyone could help me on this matter. 

Parents
  • Turn the GC power off.  Hold down the CLEAR button.  Turn on the GC power and wait until it boots up, then release the CLEAR button.  This empties the working memory of the GC.  

Then try starting MSD Chemstation.  

If that doesn't help, one possibility is a corrupt or incorrect method. 

Use Agilent GC/MS Instrument Configuration. Write down the GC Model and IP address and then change the GC to be "none". Click OK, then close config and start MSD Chemstation with no GC.  Load the DEFAULT.M method.  When it has loaded, close MSD Chemstation, open Agilent GC/MS Instrument Configuration, set the GC model and IP addresses back to the way they were before, click OK.   Then try starting MSD Chemstation.

There's a way to force it to start with DEFAULT.M without changing the configuration, but it requires editing the msdchem.ini file.  Are you comfortable with that?

• Hi paulsalverda, 

Thanks a lot for taking time and replying. I followed your instructions and kind of worked. I am now able to open chemstation but the flow is 0 now and there is an error in my gc as well. I am attaching the photos. 

Thanks, 

Reply Children
Was this helpful?