GCMS, CTC PAL injector

I have a couple of enquiries - I am using an Agilent 7890 GC, 5975 MSD and CTC PAL injector.

Firstly - I am new to CTC injector, I use both liquid injection and headspace injection. I am wondering if anyone can point me to resources that advise on recommended values for things like needle penetration into injector/vials for when using it for the liquid injection and also headspace injection. I am transferring a method from a headspace unit that had transfer line delivery and have not used a set-up like on the CTC before - I'm sure the needle depth will be important for reproducibility in either mode but can't find recommendations anywhere. 

Also - I am new to Agilent GCMS (only used shimadzu and PerkinElmer before) so I am new to the MS chemstation. Could someone point me to resources that guide you through using the data analysis software and SIM method development / quant method development and how to use it please? I have not done quantitative analysis via GCMS before (just used it in development environment looking at identity of peaks rather than quantifying contents). 

Thanks in advance! 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?