Hi vaccum value

Please, thank you very for your help, i have succed to fix the issue. But now there is another problem, when you look at the pictures, you will see that i try to autotune but the information i receive was " tune action stopped: cannot achieve constant peak widths" and when i try to load an old files the same information came Again. Also i try a detailled profille i realise that the value of the vacuum pump was 00.00 but it shoes that the ms is ok. I m realy disturb. Thank you to help me

attachments.zip
Parents
  • Hi,

first things first, the zero reading means the high vacuum gauge is OFF or has a fault. Try to use the menu "vacuum" and turn ON the gauge.

If this doesn't help take a look behind the MSD, most time there is a box (depends on the vacuum gauge type you have) with a little green (ok) or red light (faulty).

If it's red the gauge is broken and need to be replaced.

If you don't see any peaks during atune check the following:

Did you hear the klick noise to be sure the PFTBA valve is set to OPEN?

Check the calibrant (PFTBA) level in the little glass bulb, is there still PFTBA left or do you need to refill it?

Be sure the flow from the GC column is not to high, should be less than 2ml/min.

Check your column position in the transferline, should be around 1mm from sticking out of the transferline into the ion    source.

Use the "restore previous tune file" to load a good starting point, save it, and tune from these parameters.

And finally, strange but happens: Maybe the column is broken?

Hope this helps

PWD

• Hi,

first things first, the zero reading means the high vacuum gauge is OFF or has a fault. Try to use the menu "vacuum" and turn ON the gauge.

If this doesn't help take a look behind the MSD, most time there is a box (depends on the vacuum gauge type you have) with a little green (ok) or red light (faulty).

If it's red the gauge is broken and need to be replaced.

If you don't see any peaks during atune check the following:

Did you hear the klick noise to be sure the PFTBA valve is set to OPEN?

Check the calibrant (PFTBA) level in the little glass bulb, is there still PFTBA left or do you need to refill it?

Be sure the flow from the GC column is not to high, should be less than 2ml/min.

Check your column position in the transferline, should be around 1mm from sticking out of the transferline into the ion    source.

Use the "restore previous tune file" to load a good starting point, save it, and tune from these parameters.

And finally, strange but happens: Maybe the column is broken?

Hope this helps

PWD

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?