Entrance Lens on 5975 Intert MSD too high

I installed a column in my 6890/5975 inert GC-MS and when I did an autotune the tuning process stopped and there was an error message that the Entrance Lens was above the maximum of 64.  The instrument had been used by another person for a two sequences.  When that person ran an autotune on 3/13/19  the Ent Lens voltage was 19.07.  On 3/15/19 the Ent Lens voltage was 63.   The repeller and EM voltage did not change from the 13th to the 15th to today.   What happened to cause such a large increase in the Entrance Lens voltage?   

• What did the tune look like? Em voltage? possible column in too far? vent remove column put blank/lugged interface nut and retune

• I agree with m4esti,

If the last thing that was changed was installing a new column, I would start with that as a possible root cause. Always check the last thing changed 1st.

What happen to the system between 13th and 15th? Was that when the column was changed?

If you know how, in the manual tune screen you could try performing a lens ramp on the entrance lens (and other lenses) to see if changing the voltage applied to the lenses changes the abundance of the ions. If it doesn't change significantly then you may have a cable unplugged or broken.

Check that your ribbon cable is attached to the side board correctly (turn off the MSD before plugging it in).

Check that your source cables are connected properly and the correct cables are going to the correct lenses etc.

Regards,

Nick

Was this helpful?