GC/MS Instrument fault detected 2.5 emission current controller

Hi,

I am having problems with my GC/MS (7890B & 7000). Every time I try to autotune it, I get a message saying "instrument fault detected 2.5 emission current controller cannot regulate the requested setting after a fixed amount of time". The emission current goes up to about 36µA when it should be 35µA, the same thing happens when I switch to filament 2. I did clean the source last week but it did autotune successfully afterwards. I've also double checked the wiring in the source and all seems fine.

We did have a power cut at the weekend, I don't know if this could have caused the problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

here you have several causes:

1st you can fix/try out by yourself, replace both filaments with new ones, even if the second looks "good".

2nd

This problem could be caused by a broken board (source ceramic board, filament drive board or main board).

If you already replaced the filaments, please call Agilent service center to get an onsite repair.

BR

PWD

• Hi,

here you have several causes:

1st you can fix/try out by yourself, replace both filaments with new ones, even if the second looks "good".

2nd

This problem could be caused by a broken board (source ceramic board, filament drive board or main board).

If you already replaced the filaments, please call Agilent service center to get an onsite repair.

BR

PWD

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?