This Information Applies To: Agilent 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler
This document explains how to replace the syringe carrier assembly in case you want to change from standard to high volume syringes, or if the Agilent support representative determines the assembly has to be exchanged.
Use the standard syringe carriage assembly for syringe sizes up to 100 μL, and the Enhanced Sample Handling Syringe Carriage for syringe sizes from 250 μL to 500 μL, see Figure 1.
Standard Syringe Carriage Assembly
Enhanced Sample handling Syringe Carriage Assembly
|Figure 1. Syringe Carriage Assemblies for the 7693A Autoinjector|
Steps to follow:
1. Remove all vials and bottles from the turret, then disconnect the injector cable from the GC. You may need to lift the injector tower in order to disconnect the cable.
2. If desired, remove the injector from the mounting post and mount the injector tower on a parking post.
3. Open the injector door and remove the syringe see Removing and Installing a Syringe on the Agilent 7693A Autosampler
4. Remove the ALS Turret, see Changing the Turret of the 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler
5. Slide the syringe carriage assembly down until the assembly cable is accessible below the tower casing, and detach the cable from the assembly.
6. Slide the syringe carriage assembly completely up until the flange and latch are accessible.
7. Completely loosen the T-10 Torx screw above the syringe latch.
8. Completely loosen the T-10 Torx screw at the top of the syringe carriage assembly.
9. Carefully remove the syringe carriage assembly from the injector carriage.
Figure 2. Removing the syringe carriage assembly
1. Slowly position the replacement syringe carriage assembly on the injector carriage. The syringe carriage assembly will hang in place when positioned correctly.
2. Completely tighten the T-10 Torx screw above the syringe latch.
3. Completely tighten the T- 10 Torx screw at the top of the syringe carriage assembly.
4. Slide the syringe carriage assembly completely down until the cable input jack on the assembly is accessible below the injector casing.
5. Connect the assembly cable to the syringe carriage assembly.
6. Slide the syringe carriage assembly completely up.
Figure 3. Mounting the syringe carriage assembly
7. Reinstall the turret, see Changing the Turret of the 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler
8. Install the syringe and close the injector door, see Removing and Installing a Syringe on the Agilent 7693A Autosampler
9. Plug in the injector cable and, if necessary, install the injector tower on the mounting post.
10. Align the injector, see How to align the Agilent 7693A GC injector
11. If you have a sample tray, calibrate the ALS system, see How to Calibrate the Agilent 7693A Sample Tray