This Information Applies To: Agilent 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler
Steps to follow:
Removing the Turret
1. Remove all vials from the turret.
2. Unplug the injector cable and place the injector tower on a parking post.
3. Open the injector door.
4. Remove the syringe see Removing and Installing a Syringe on the Agilent 7693A Autosampler
5. While holding the turret in place with your hand, completely loosen the three T- 10 Torx screws that fasten the turret cap to the motor hub.
6. Remove the turret cap.
7. Rotate the turret to the home position (with the turret injector opening facing the injector carriage)
8. Lift the turret off of the motor hub, then slide out. Avoid contact with the injector tower when removing the turret.
Figure 2. Removing the turret
Installing the Turret
1. Rotate the motor hub so the tabs on the motor hub face outward.
2. When you are going to reinstall the turret, align the inner groove on the turret with the motor hub tabs, then slide the turret onto the motor hub. The turret should sit flat on the hub.
3. Reinstall the turret cap. Align the turret cap arms with the turret injector opening and place the turret cap in place.
4. Tighten the three T- 10 Torx screws.
Figure 4. Installing the turret
5. Install the syringe, see Removing and Installing a Syringe on the Agilent 7693A Autosampler
6. Close the injector door.
7. Remove the injector tower from the parking post and install the injector on the mounting post.
8. Plug in the injector cable.
9. When powered on, the injector verifies the turret type. A fault light will show if the turret is not installed correctly.
10. Align the injector, see How to align the Agilent 7693A GC injector
11. If you installed a transfer turret and are using a sample tray, then you must calibrate your ALS system, see How to Calibrate the Agilent 7693A Sample Tray