7693A Autosampler Failure Codes

Lately, an Agilent 7693A autosampler (model G4513a) intermittently shows error codes. Does anyone know where to find a list of error codes / failure codes? I cannot find any Agilent document with these codes and possible corrections.

Status Screen:
ALS Failure State: Preparing Samples
ALS Failure Code 245: Autosampler front tower plunger error

Last time the ALS threw a code, I performed troubleshooting by swapping out cables and towers between our two GC systems. The other GC tower worked on this system, and visa versa. After all the swapping and turning GC system off/on, the code eventually went away. Not sure why.

The tower intializes the same as the identical one on another GC system.  The green Ready light is on.  The instruments and computer have all been cycled off/on.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • We periodically see the plunger error message here as well.  Usually, it's a syringe that needs to be cleaned or replaced due to it's action feeling rough or just stuck. 

Occasionally, we get the same message when the syringe is new/clean and the autosampler tower error continues to occur with multiple "retry" commands.  On these instances I first try changing the ASV cap.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, I've then swapped out the ASV itself for a new one.  Usually that fixes the issue. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify the exact problem with the ASV/cap when this happens because it visually appears to be normal.  It does seem that this happens most often with ASV's sealed with metal crimp caps, especially those containing glass inserts. 

• We periodically see the plunger error message here as well.  Usually, it's a syringe that needs to be cleaned or replaced due to it's action feeling rough or just stuck. 

Occasionally, we get the same message when the syringe is new/clean and the autosampler tower error continues to occur with multiple "retry" commands.  On these instances I first try changing the ASV cap.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, I've then swapped out the ASV itself for a new one.  Usually that fixes the issue. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify the exact problem with the ASV/cap when this happens because it visually appears to be normal.  It does seem that this happens most often with ASV's sealed with metal crimp caps, especially those containing glass inserts. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?