Keep getting "40:SubscribeToData: The start time specified is beyond the limits of data buffer" error in Agilent GC and sequence stopped on multiple occasions.

Upon running my sequence in Empower for certain solvents

Keep getting "40:SubscribeToData: The start time specified is beyond the limits of data buffer" and "HS7697A:229 vial leak occurred. Check vial or instrument for leakages" error  and sequence stopped on multiple occasions. I have checked the vials and also ran a leak test. Both seems to be fine. Is it software issue or instrument related?

• I’m sorry for the delayed reply to your message.  Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was? 

From what I understand, you ran the built-in leak checks from the Headspace sampler keyboard? Did all the tests pass or did they fail at any point? If they failed, what step did they fail at?

The leak test message could be caused by an instrument leak, but if ALL leak tests pass, I cannot see how that can be instrument related. You can always run another leak test from the instrument keypad and assess the tests again. If they fail, take not of what step they fail at. And when they fail, is it an error coming from the Headspace, the Software, or both?

If a sequence errors out, you can always check the logs on the Headspace by going to Logs -> Sequence Logs  on the instrument keypad. You would need to do that before you start another run

The buffer error seems to be relating to the software, it is not an error that I encountered in the past. A quick Google search leads me to believe it's some sort of a communication/network issue on the Empower software side. I would suggest reaching out to the vendor of that software to assist you with that.

Let me know if you have questions.

Was this helpful?