Carrier Gas Change - Extent of Method Validation

My laboratory has been notified that supply and warfare are issues that will limit our Helium use. We are regulated and must maintain validated method status. To what level are people revalidating methods when changing carrier gases? Complete revalidation including Precision, Linearity, Accuracy, LOQ, etc?  Our supply will dwindle to nothing very quickly, so we must be efficient with the validation.

Parents
  • Hello ,

I'm not sure how to answer your question but I believe most of the method will have to be changed and revalidated.

What carrier are you changing to? H2, N2? And on what system? I believe changes need to be made to an MSD when changing from He to H2.

H2 will give you shorter runs and better separation but can reduce unsaturated compounds and there is the safety issue.

Maybe get in touch with your Agilent representative asap.

Good luck.

• Hello ,

I'm not sure how to answer your question but I believe most of the method will have to be changed and revalidated.

What carrier are you changing to? H2, N2? And on what system? I believe changes need to be made to an MSD when changing from He to H2.

H2 will give you shorter runs and better separation but can reduce unsaturated compounds and there is the safety issue.

Maybe get in touch with your Agilent representative asap.

Good luck.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?