Peak Size/Response

Hello,

Are there any parameters I can change to increase the response of a peak on GC-ECD 6890 series.  I am analyzing for EPA method 504.1 and 1 of the analytes has a very low response which makes the peak smaller than the other 2 analytes in the method. I suspect the analytes with the smallest peak in my method is 123TCP.

Thank you advance

• Hello  

I’m sorry for the delayed reply to your message.  Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was?  Thanks

I would need to understand better what sort of problem you are facing. If you have a low response, it could be hardware related, and more information would be needed. Did that peak you are referring ever had a "good" response, and it decreased at some point? Or it was always low?

Did the other peaks vary in response as well, or they were/are always constant?

Generally speaking, response problems could be caused by improper maintenance, leaks and contamination amongst other things. I would suggest checking for leaks with a leak detector, performing full inlet/detector maintenance, and if necessary do a bakeout on the inlet, oven/column and detector. 

If none of these are potential issues, and it is purely application related, I would suggest you contact Agilent for Application Support.

Was this helpful?