I have a Agilent 6890N and i have a issue were the preset startup temp in my method changes from 55C o 300C when i start the run, does anyone no why this happens

I have a Agilent 68902N which we use for measuring perfume oil content. We have a standard method which we have been using for a long time but just recently we have had an issue were the required startup temperature of 55 degrees changes to 300 degrees when we start the testing run. Does anyone no why this happens and what i can do to correct it.

Parents
  • Hello  

I’m sorry for the delayed reply to your message.  Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was? 

What was the startup temperature for the older method? And what was it ramping up to?

With the new method, it starts at 55 degrees C, but what does it ramp to?

Is this happening when you are controlling the GC ramps through the Software? If it is, make sure that you send the method to the GC before starting the run. In other words, you can make endless modifications to the method and even save it. If you do not send the method to the GC, the GC will not apply those changes.

Equally, make sure the selected Processing Method in the sequence is the new method, not the old one.

What Software are you using, if I may?

Lastly, are you getting any Temperature Shutdown errors, or any errors at all? You can play around with the oven temperatures as well, to manually input temperatures and see if the GC heats up and cools down properly. You can try a range between say, 55 and 300, see how the GC oven behaves, if it errors out or not.

• Hello  

I’m sorry for the delayed reply to your message.  Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was? 

What was the startup temperature for the older method? And what was it ramping up to?

With the new method, it starts at 55 degrees C, but what does it ramp to?

Is this happening when you are controlling the GC ramps through the Software? If it is, make sure that you send the method to the GC before starting the run. In other words, you can make endless modifications to the method and even save it. If you do not send the method to the GC, the GC will not apply those changes.

Equally, make sure the selected Processing Method in the sequence is the new method, not the old one.

What Software are you using, if I may?

Lastly, are you getting any Temperature Shutdown errors, or any errors at all? You can play around with the oven temperatures as well, to manually input temperatures and see if the GC heats up and cools down properly. You can try a range between say, 55 and 300, see how the GC oven behaves, if it errors out or not.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?