Peak assignment algorithm in ChemStation

I am calibrating 40 peaks and while they are all baseline-resolved at mid-concentration, at higher concentrations peaks start shifting and an incorrect assasignment can occur.  Similarly, unidentified peaks close by can trigger an incorrect assignment as well.  Additionally, simply reprocessing with the same parameters can result in different assignment.  It seems that the algorithm is trying to maximize the number of assigned peaks prioritizing the number of assigned peaks over their closeness to the expected retention times.  Is my assumption correct?  How to get around it, within the constrains of the chromatographic method as it is right now?  Is there a comprehensive explanation of how this algorithm works so I can educate myself?  Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • is this manual also applicable for MSD Chemstation F.01.03.2357, which is what my laboratory has?

• For that, you may check this manual shared just now...

• thank you.  I take it Mass Hunter is a totally separate entity from Chemstation?   My lab has GC/ECD  (Agilent 8890 GC with dual ECD detectors and CFT connection)  Mass Hunter doesn't seem to be suitable for GC data??

• I was told MassHunter works for straight-up GC also

• that is what we were told too, however, the help topics within Mass Hunter aren't very helpful, they seem more specific for GCMS stuff rather than GC stuff.  We were able to use and modify some of the example gc methods supplied, but we're stuck in getting to the point of importing from the chemstation to our LIMS.  I can't figure it out

Was this helpful?