Replacement for a 6890 Main Board and a Autosampler Controller, suggestions needed.

Hello Agilent 

The 6890 autosampler controller will not power on. During troubleshooting, we discovered that the capacitors of the 6890 mainboard are leaking. Could the faulty capacitors cause a problem with the controller since the connecting plug/port is so close to the capacitors?   

My guess is that I need to replace them both, should I even try to replace them or because of their age (unit is ~20 yrs old) should I just upgrade to a new 7890? Please confirm. Would it be possible to find (order) the appropriate mainboard and controller?  

I upgraded the software last year and we are running using OpenLab Chemstation.

Here is all the information I have on the 6890

1. HP6890 Serial# US00023409, Firmware Revision HP 6890 GC Rev A.03.08. 
  2. Main Board G1530-60011 Rev A Div 2340 (Serial# STI382451994).  Is there a replacement board available? 
  3. HP6890 Front: Auto-Sampler G1513A, Serial# US71101409, Controller Firmware G1512A.01.12, Injector Firmware G1513A.09.15
  4. HP6890 Back: Auto-Sampler G1513A, Serial# US71701860, Controller Firmware G1512A.01.12, Injector Firmware G1513A.09.14
  5. Auto Sampler Controller Box: G1512A Serial# US83206385.
  6. Sample Tray: Model 18596C, Serial# US83204369.

Thank you

Aline

Parents
  • If you need assistance replacing a mainboard, you will need to call your local representatives to get information on if you can perform that repair or if you need them onsite. They can also get the right mainboard number for you.

As far as 6890 goes, I do believe that we are out of guaranteed support, which means we are doing it by best effort, but I do not think that there is a set date as of yet for end of total support.

• I second what gabcaron said - best to have your local service representative diagnose and repair that problem.  The 6890 GCs are no longer guaranteed support, so all repairs are best effort.  I have not seen an end of support date or notice for them.

If you choose to replace it, the 7890 will be going out of production soon, so I recommend a 8890 GC.  The new 8890 systems have been in production and shipping for approx. 18 months.  (More info: Flexible and expandable, intelligent GC system | Agilent )

Trade-in discounts are often available when purchasing new systems.  With these, your old system is shipped to a recycling center for disposal when your new system is installed.  Your sales representative would be able to provide more details.  

• I second what gabcaron said - best to have your local service representative diagnose and repair that problem.  The 6890 GCs are no longer guaranteed support, so all repairs are best effort.  I have not seen an end of support date or notice for them.

If you choose to replace it, the 7890 will be going out of production soon, so I recommend a 8890 GC.  The new 8890 systems have been in production and shipping for approx. 18 months.  (More info: Flexible and expandable, intelligent GC system | Agilent )

Trade-in discounts are often available when purchasing new systems.  With these, your old system is shipped to a recycling center for disposal when your new system is installed.  Your sales representative would be able to provide more details.  

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?