Air blank vs solvent blank.  Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in shooting an air blank vs a solvent blank on an Agilent 7890 or newer GC.  We shoot solvent blanks to ensure that our solvent used in extractions is not contaminated, but was wonde

Air blank vs solvent blank.  Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in shooting an air blank vs a solvent blank on an Agilent 7890 or newer GC.  We shoot solvent blanks to ensure that our solvent used in extractions is not contaminated, but was wondering if it is analytically incorrect or physically hard on syringes, columns, etc. to shoot an air blank in between samples as opposed to an actual solvent blank. The air blank would be an empty autosampler vial. This air blank would be injected on the instrument to ensure there is not carryover between samples.  Since the solvent blank (generally MeOH) is mostly volatilized and there is no actual liquid going through the column, it seems to me that it would be reasonable to use an air blank in between samples, but wanted to get an expert opinion.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?