HP 6890 Shutdown 1 Oven Shut off

I'm working with an HP 6890 and I'm getting the oven shutdown error. Both oven flaps seem to open and close normally, and the oven door is latched. When I set the temperature to anything above 35°C, the oven struggles to get up to 40°C and then shuts down. When I set it to 35, the oven flaps keep opening and closing as the temperature fluctuates between 34-36. Should I assume this is an electrical issue? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, It might be the oven shroud.

Do the fan in the oven move at all when oven is set to temp values below ambient/actual oven temperature?

You can turn off GC power and the remove the AC power cable (safety). Then remove the GC back plate, find the two white Oven Shroud heater cables mounted to the AC Power Board. If resistance (Ohm) measured over the two heater lead cables are infinite, the Oven Shroud is kaput. Normal heater lead resistance is approximately 35 Ohm. 

Best regards -

Lars 

• Hello,

Yes, It might be the oven shroud.

Do the fan in the oven move at all when oven is set to temp values below ambient/actual oven temperature?

You can turn off GC power and the remove the AC power cable (safety). Then remove the GC back plate, find the two white Oven Shroud heater cables mounted to the AC Power Board. If resistance (Ohm) measured over the two heater lead cables are infinite, the Oven Shroud is kaput. Normal heater lead resistance is approximately 35 Ohm. 

Best regards -

Lars 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?