Support to run two stage Media Dissolution using Agilent dissolution system + Cary UV 60 software

Hello Team, I am running two stage dissolution, one is 0.01N HCl and the other is pH 6.8 Phosphate Buffer. Initially I ran the dissolution with 0.01N HCl for two hours and then after two hours I added pH 6.8 media and adjusted the pH to 6.8. There is no stop in the in between the media change, still system running and spinning the paddles for 8 more hours (total 10 hours).

My question, initially before adding the dosage form, the UV collects the blank measurements from each vessel for 'cell match report and blank correction'. After the adding buffer media, system doesn't ask about the blank correction or cell match for buffer media. Instrument/ software still using the acid blank absorbance for blank correction for both acid media samples and buffer media samples. There is a some variation in the absorbance of the acid media and buffer media, that leads to high % release in the buffer samples. 

How to i rectify this issue, how will I run the buffer media for cell match and blank correction' before i start the buffer samples collection?

Parents
  • Hi Sheshank

In the Method set up section of the UV Dissolution software, the first section called Method Setup has a check box called Allow Media Change. You need to check this box. If you are performing a Full media change (removing all the media and replacing with completely new media) you need to check the Full Media Replacement box but if you are performing media addition to change the pH (sounds like you are doing this) you do not check this box.
    You will then notice the method options increase as there are now method options for the second media information (including defining the media change time), standards for both media and analysis section.
    When you perform a test you will then be prompted to perform the blank and Cell match for both media.

Try setting up a method and performing a test without samples just to get an idea of the actions required at the start of the test and throughout.

If you have any other questions you can post in the Dissolution section or use the Agilent dissolution hotline with he following email: dissolution.hotline@agilent.com

Regards

Lee

• Hi Sheshank

In the Method set up section of the UV Dissolution software, the first section called Method Setup has a check box called Allow Media Change. You need to check this box. If you are performing a Full media change (removing all the media and replacing with completely new media) you need to check the Full Media Replacement box but if you are performing media addition to change the pH (sounds like you are doing this) you do not check this box.
    You will then notice the method options increase as there are now method options for the second media information (including defining the media change time), standards for both media and analysis section.
    When you perform a test you will then be prompted to perform the blank and Cell match for both media.

Try setting up a method and performing a test without samples just to get an idea of the actions required at the start of the test and throughout.

If you have any other questions you can post in the Dissolution section or use the Agilent dissolution hotline with he following email: dissolution.hotline@agilent.com

Regards

Lee

Children
  • Thanks, Lee, for your guidance. Is it possible to generate the two cell match reports in Cary UV. Because I am able to do only one cell match for Media 1 (0.01N HCl), it doesn't give option to Media 2, Its automatically considering the media -1 blank for Media-2 cell match report. How can i generate two different cell match reports for media-1 and media -2.

Was this helpful?