Openlab chemstation C01.07 - chemstation freeze or hangup

What causes the Chemstation to freeze or hang up (Instrument session)?

Parents
  • Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

There are many possible causes for OpenLab CDS ChemStation freezing/hanging up. These can range from the PC or hard disk going to sleep to there being a corrupt file to anti virus software quarantining one of ChemStation's files....

In order to troubleshoot this behavior we would need more information. Does ChemStation freeze during a specific workflow? Did this just start happening recently and, if so, does the timing correspond to any hardware/software/OS updates on the PC? Does this only happen when you leave the software running overnight? Is the operating system configured as specified in the installation guide? ...

Due to the broad nature of this question this can be a difficult issue to address on the Community. It would be best if you reached out to your local Agilent support: Contact Us | Agilent

• Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

There are many possible causes for OpenLab CDS ChemStation freezing/hanging up. These can range from the PC or hard disk going to sleep to there being a corrupt file to anti virus software quarantining one of ChemStation's files....

In order to troubleshoot this behavior we would need more information. Does ChemStation freeze during a specific workflow? Did this just start happening recently and, if so, does the timing correspond to any hardware/software/OS updates on the PC? Does this only happen when you leave the software running overnight? Is the operating system configured as specified in the installation guide? ...

Due to the broad nature of this question this can be a difficult issue to address on the Community. It would be best if you reached out to your local Agilent support: Contact Us | Agilent

Children
  • Question is related to disconnecting versus closing the session. User choose to disconnect rather closing it. Sorry if the question is too broad.

Thank you for the response.

Sent from my iPhone

• As you have the option to Disconnect when you close a ChemStation session, it can be concluded that you have a client/server installation of the software.

If you select the Disconnect option when closing a ChemStation session from a client, this should cut off the Remote Desktop connection while leaving the instrument running. You should then be able to reconnect to the instrument from any other client connect to your OLSS server without the session freezing/hanging up. If you have further questions or concerns I recommend you contact the Agilent Laboratory Informatics Support team for help regarding your client/server system.

Was this helpful?