I need a WAX type column that is more inert than ZB-WAXplus

Hi,

I am using a ZB-WAXplus column that is causing some degradation to one analyte as it passes along the column.

Can anyone suggest a WAX type column phase that has an even more INERT column material?

(There was also some thermal degradation in the inlet - but I have fixed this by lowering injector temperature from 250C to <180C - so I am only worried about degradation occurring while the analyte passes along the column.)

Cheers,

Murraythermal

Parents
  • Thanks for the replies.

I will look into the Agilent UI WAX column (and a few similar options from other suppliers).

The analyte is primarily thermally degraded - so I have got a good peak but by using a low injector temperature (120C), 35C initial oven (6890 GC with small fan - so cannot really go lower), 2C ramp to 250C, and high He flow 3mL/min (constant flow). Splitless injection (splits of 10:1 or 20:1 did not help).

Column is ZB-WAX 30m * .250 * .25.

This is very slow - but works.

I think I will buy a more inert column - with thicker phase , and slightly wider bore, and shorter length.

Thanks again for all your opinions.

• Thanks for the replies.

I will look into the Agilent UI WAX column (and a few similar options from other suppliers).

The analyte is primarily thermally degraded - so I have got a good peak but by using a low injector temperature (120C), 35C initial oven (6890 GC with small fan - so cannot really go lower), 2C ramp to 250C, and high He flow 3mL/min (constant flow). Splitless injection (splits of 10:1 or 20:1 did not help).

Column is ZB-WAX 30m * .250 * .25.

This is very slow - but works.

I think I will buy a more inert column - with thicker phase , and slightly wider bore, and shorter length.

Thanks again for all your opinions.

Children
Was this helpful?