Determining RNA dimers/multimers using RNA 6000 nano/ 6000 pico chips in Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer

Hello Agilent Team,
I have an experiment to perform where I want to study the multimerization/dimerization process of a particular RNA. I can run a non-denaturing or Native gel to study the same, but I was wondering if I can use either RNA 6000 Nano or 6000 pico kit and run the samples in Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 for the same study. 
If yes, can you please tell me what precautions should be taken while performing this study. If Not, then is there any kit available at Agilent (compatible for this multimerization study) which can be used in Agilent Bioanalyzer or Tape station.
Thank You and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Abhishek Dey
  • Thank you for contacting us and for sharing the details of your study. In reference to your question, our Bioanalyzer RNA kits have only been validated with well-defined samples such as single stranded RNA samples. Please reference this datasheet: Datasheet-RNA-Bioanalyzer.

Unfortunately, these RNA assays have not been validated in house to analyze multimerization/dimerization of RNA samples. Additionally, we do offer RNA kits on other Automated Electrophoresis systems (TapeStation and Fragment Analyzer), but those assays are not validated to evaluate multimerization/dimerization of RNA samples.

Was this helpful?