This Information Applies To: All Agilent AA systems with SpectrAA Software 5.x
Following Adobe Flash going out of support as of 31 December 2020, Adobe has disabled the flash player
as of 12 January 2021. SpectrAA uses flash for the start screen.
This procedure outlines the steps to resolve SpectrAA locking up on initialization due to Adobe Flash Failure.
Steps to Follow:
- The SpectrAA configuration can be changed to prevent the execution of Adobe Flash content using a text editor. However, as this configuration file is normally protected, the text editor must be run using
administrator privileges. To do this procedure, first type “notepad” into the search box on the Windows taskbar:
- Click the down arrow to show more options for opening the notepad text editor and click “Run as administrator”:
- From within the notepad text editor, click File and then Open:
- Navigate within the Open dialog to the location:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Agilent\SP100\Run\HELP (if running 64-bit version of Windows) or C:\ Program Files\Agilent\SP100\Run\HELP (if running 32-bit version of Windows)
- Click the drop-down to change from showing Text Documents (*.txt) to All Files (*.*).
- Open the file IndexPage.ini. Change the line SWF=Yes in this document to read SWF=No.
- Click File and then Save. Close the Notepad text editor. When next started, the SpectrAA application will revert to using the non-Adobe Flash application window.