How to clean SPS 4 probe?

I found major deposits within my autosampler probe after doing an analysis with MP-AES which the rinse solution (high purity water) wasn't able to remove.

How do I remove these deposits within both the probe and the autosampler tubing?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Shane,

We have a recommended regeneration procedure for the probe, usually used for ICP-MS to get rid of sticky elements that contribute to the background.  Note this is an aggressive strip and clean that you can only perform about 3-times before you will need to replace the probe.

4-step rinse by pumping ~50mL of:

1. Ammonium Hydroxide 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    2. conc Nitric acid 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    3. conc HCl 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    4. Ultrapure water

Aim to pump 50ml in 30-40 min each (@1.5mL/min)

As Peter mentions suggest relook at your rinse to ensure it is cleaning out your sample matrix sufficiently each time.

Hope that helps.

Rgds, Gareth

• Hi Shane,

We have a recommended regeneration procedure for the probe, usually used for ICP-MS to get rid of sticky elements that contribute to the background.  Note this is an aggressive strip and clean that you can only perform about 3-times before you will need to replace the probe.

4-step rinse by pumping ~50mL of:

1. Ammonium Hydroxide 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    2. conc Nitric acid 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    3. conc HCl 1:1 dilution with Ultrapure water
    4. Ultrapure water

Aim to pump 50ml in 30-40 min each (@1.5mL/min)

As Peter mentions suggest relook at your rinse to ensure it is cleaning out your sample matrix sufficiently each time.

Hope that helps.

Rgds, Gareth

Children
Was this helpful?