High concentration lower absorbance by turning burner

I have started working with a company where there lab is turning the burner on their 240 FS as the Na concentration is too high so they lower the absorbance by turn the burner. I have not seen this done before. Does anyone have more explanation on this if the results need to be adjusted or not

Parents
  • You can decrease the absorbance by turning the burner which decreases the path length.. Because the burner is turned for the analysis of all solutions (blank, calibration standards, and samples) no adjustment of the results is necessary. I have seen many customers turn their burner for high concentration alkali metals analyses.  It keeps you from having to dilute the samples.

• You can decrease the absorbance by turning the burner which decreases the path length.. Because the burner is turned for the analysis of all solutions (blank, calibration standards, and samples) no adjustment of the results is necessary. I have seen many customers turn their burner for high concentration alkali metals analyses.  It keeps you from having to dilute the samples.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?