Hello, I have a problem with the stability of my cooling water flow at our ICP MS 7800.

When I start the run the water flow drops from 1.03l/min slowly to under the acceptable minimun flow. If I start the run again the water flow is back to about 1l/min and then drops again. The water supply is fine, we use it for our OES too and there are no fluctuations.

Parents
  • Hi Isabella,

sometimes small Particles block the Flow.

To prevent them, being flushed through the whole system, there is a strainer at the back of the instrument.

You can open it, with a 17mm wrench. If there are particles, just clean it with water, and consider changing the cooling water. I recommend to use the 

Agilent Cool Clear

Have you tried, to disconnect the two spray chamber cooling water lines? If not, please disconnect them and have a look the water flow then. 

Best luck

Chris

• Hi Isabella,

sometimes small Particles block the Flow.

To prevent them, being flushed through the whole system, there is a strainer at the back of the instrument.

You can open it, with a 17mm wrench. If there are particles, just clean it with water, and consider changing the cooling water. I recommend to use the 

Agilent Cool Clear

Have you tried, to disconnect the two spray chamber cooling water lines? If not, please disconnect them and have a look the water flow then. 

Best luck

Chris

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?