Low but stable Internal standard recovery on ICPMS 7900

Hi
The internal standard recovery on ICPMS 7900 recently falls down right after calibration blank. All the controls and references are OK but the recovery percentage is too low, 20-30%, does anybody had the similar problem? The concentration is as before.
Thank

Parents
  • I am having a similar issue, but with my run this only happens after a more concentrated sample is added.  I can run a 1:10 dilution of that sample without a drop in recovery but more concentrated samples have issues.  My sample is 0.5g in 50 mL.  So the 1:10 is essentially 0.5g in 500 mL.  Everything else is the same as far as diluent goes.  I thought matrix issues at first until I noticed my QC's and blanks also had a low recovery.  Any idea's here?    

• I am having a similar issue, but with my run this only happens after a more concentrated sample is added.  I can run a 1:10 dilution of that sample without a drop in recovery but more concentrated samples have issues.  My sample is 0.5g in 50 mL.  So the 1:10 is essentially 0.5g in 500 mL.  Everything else is the same as far as diluent goes.  I thought matrix issues at first until I noticed my QC's and blanks also had a low recovery.  Any idea's here?    

Children
Was this helpful?