Agilent 5800 Dilution, Dilution factor

Hi everyone. 

How does ICP-OES calculate concentration with these parameters? (Attached photo). Who can give me the formula?

I have digested 0.1961 samples with 10 ml HNO3 then diluted the solution up to 50 ml. I have to write on “Dilution” sector 50 or 50/10 (I wrote 50)??

And “Dilution” is the volume of added solution after digestion or it is dilution factor????

Parents
  • Hi hayk,

I'm not skilled enough to give you an accurate answer, but according to my short experience with an agilent ICPOES : the "Dilution" column is a ratio=final volume of solution (ml)/mass of sample (g). For the example you gave, it would be 254.97g/ml. You can check it out in filling the two left columns (weight (g) and volume (ml).

The ratio of extraction (volume of acid/mass of sample) and the dilution factor (final volume of solution/initial volume of acid) are not used by the software.

• Hi hayk,

I'm not skilled enough to give you an accurate answer, but according to my short experience with an agilent ICPOES : the "Dilution" column is a ratio=final volume of solution (ml)/mass of sample (g). For the example you gave, it would be 254.97g/ml. You can check it out in filling the two left columns (weight (g) and volume (ml).

The ratio of extraction (volume of acid/mass of sample) and the dilution factor (final volume of solution/initial volume of acid) are not used by the software.

Children
  • Thanks for reply. But looks like the ratio of extraction and the dilution factor are used. I did some experience and checked the calculations with different equations. And looks like software is counting concentration as follow: Concentration in the original sample = Concentration of the measurement solution * Dilution * (Volume/Weight). However I will wait for another replies. Thank you so much. And which model of Agilent ICPOES  do you use?

Was this helpful?