Hi there. I recently started using an ICP-OES and after replacing the less concentrated reference for a new one, the values for Tin and Antimony are higher than they should be. E.g. now reading 0.0045% for a sample that have no more than 0.0005%. Why?

Hi there. I recently started using an ICP-OES and after replacing the less concentrated reference for a new one, the values for Tin and Antimony are higher than they should be. E.g. now reading 0.0045% for a sample that have no more than 0.0005%. Why?

Parents
  • Thanks again, Tina.
    You are right, I am using an spectrometer to analyse solid samples of alloys and relatively pure metals. I don’t digest them, just use an arc spectrometer to test the samples.
    The spectrometer is actually Bruker brand, but they do not provide enough info on the technique or their devices. Hence I am reaching out here to find any lights on this.

• Thanks again, Tina.
    You are right, I am using an spectrometer to analyse solid samples of alloys and relatively pure metals. I don’t digest them, just use an arc spectrometer to test the samples.
    The spectrometer is actually Bruker brand, but they do not provide enough info on the technique or their devices. Hence I am reaching out here to find any lights on this.

Children
Was this helpful?