When I click on Instrument control I am getting an error "H.W.setting file does not exist or is corrupted'. What are the possible reasons for this error?

While I was tuning the ICP-MS, the instrument encountered  an error 'IcpInstcontrol stop working'. I talked to the agilentassist team in Australia and they sent me a glitch remover. Now I am getting a different error when I click on the Instrument control "H.W.setting file does not exist or is corrupted'. What are the possible reasons for this error? What possibly can happen if we run a glitch remover?

Parents
  • Hi Laly,

Sometimes a different login could cause this error. So if a user A is logged in and open the MassHunter software and a user B sign out in Windows and login then you get the H.W.setting file error like you mentioned. The glitch remover (IcpMHSWDiagnostics) program reset al setting to default. Like hardware setup and preferred window viewing. It doesn´t change the batch methods or internal settings like detector voltage. Only the software setting.

Cheers,

Edgar van Stokkom

• Hi Laly,

Sometimes a different login could cause this error. So if a user A is logged in and open the MassHunter software and a user B sign out in Windows and login then you get the H.W.setting file error like you mentioned. The glitch remover (IcpMHSWDiagnostics) program reset al setting to default. Like hardware setup and preferred window viewing. It doesn´t change the batch methods or internal settings like detector voltage. Only the software setting.

Cheers,

Edgar van Stokkom

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?