5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 6:52 AM by ryoboyle

Email Server

mr.white

Hello,

What do the Email Server exactly do ?

Does he send me a notification, if the run is Completed.

Its 1 email Server for all users. Where can I insert the destination. Or do he take it drom the ones I provided earlier when I created a user ?

Thank you

• Re: Email Server
          martin.adams

Hello mr.white,

Email notifications are not currently supported by the OpenLab CDS 2.x software. The OLSS and control panel that CDS 2.x uses is also utilized by other OpenLab software products(Chemstation, EZChrome, ICP-MS Masshunter) which is why email is a part of the configuration as it serves some of those products.

Marty Adams

mr.white

This is strange, Why I see this function in my Open Labs 2.1 when its not functional...

Is it like the " Launch Offline" button ?

martin.adams

Hello,

Yes the "Launch Offline" button is exactly the same issue. A function that is used by one of the other software packages where control panel is the front end access that does not apply to OpenLab 2.x. We may at some point see features in OpenLab 2.x that utilize the email server but at this point there are none.

Marty Adams

mr.white

Ok I see that the " Launch Offline" Button is greyed out. I found out that its an artifact from chemstation.

The importand thing is that the Email Server functionality isn't greyed out, so I think it still work somehow.

In the OpenLab Help it say this

Its hard to believe that it doesn't ?

ryoboyle

Hello mr.white,

Despite the fact that the option is not grayed out in the OpenLab CDS 2.x Control Panel, the information Marty provided you in his replies is correct.

The ability for the OpenLab Shared Services to send email notifications when specific events, such as completion of a sequence or a hardware error, occur is not available in current releases of OpenLab CDS 2.x. This is an OpenLab CDS EZChrom feature, but since the OpenLab Shared Services are common across all products in the OpenLab CDS suite the option is still present in the OpenLab Control Panel installed with OpenLab CDS 2.x.