4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 5:15 AM by james_jenkins

GC 7890B and internet connection

lvillero

As the title implies, I need internet connection in the GC 7890B computer for data transfer. We use Labware's online LIMS software and there is a feature for automatic data capture from instrument files, we just need to upload the data to google drive.

I installed a wifi dongle in the computer and it connects to the company's network. However, it cannot access any web site in google chrome or any browser for that matter due to certificate error. How do you guys connect the GC to internet? Any suggestion would help. All of our lab instruments have been connected to the internet, this is the only equipment that we cannot connect.

• Re: GC 7890B and internet connection
          ryoboyle

Hello,

This question would be better addressed by your IT department. There is nothing inherent in Agilent CDS software or in the Agilent instrument connection that would prevent you from connecting to your network/internet. This problem that you are having could be caused by anything from the wifi dongle's driver to a DNS issue.

1 person found this helpful
              lvillero

Hi, I don't think it is a problem with the network as we have 3 agilent GCs and 1 shimadzu GC. Only the agilent GCs cannot be connected to the internet. All other equipment have in the lab connect to the internet just fine.

ryoboyle

To clarify, you mean that only the PCs connecting to your Agilent GCs cannot connect to the internet, correct?

As I mentioned in my previous reply, there are a lot of factors at play here and there is nothing inherent in Agilent software that would prevent connecting to the internet on a second network adapter. Are you able to connect to the internet using the NIC card that is usually used to connect to the GC? You will most likely need to update the adapter properties to obtain an IPv4 address automatically as opposed to using a static IP address if you want to try this out. If you are able to connect using a known working NIC card then it would narrow the scope of your problem to the new wireless dongle you are attempting to use.

I would again recommend that you contact your IT department as they would have more intimate knowledge of your network and PC.

james_jenkins

Hi Ivillero,

I am marking this one assumed answered, if its not the case, feel free to post again for further discussion.

Regards

James