11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 4:15 PM by ryoboyle

Unable to save data file

jusuran

Hi,

We operated UPLC1290 with Ezechrom software and found the unfortunate popup 'Unable to save data file' while the instrument runs properly but the online software was frozen.

While we can open the offline and monitor the previous data in offline mode but cannot do anything in online mode. If someone had experiences with this, please suggest what is the cause and how can we solve this problem?

Thank you,

Surang

• Re: Unable to save data file
          ryoboyle

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I just marked your post as a question and added some tags to increase visibility.

Can you be more specific about the software you are using? Is this EZChrom Elite or OpenLAB EZChrom? What revision?

jusuran

We are using  OpenLAB EZChrome version A.04.07. Thank you very much.

ryoboyle

Thank you.

When did this issue start? Does the date of the first time the error was seen correspond with a power outage or a Windows update?

Is this behavior happening with multiple instrument methods/sequences, or just one method or sequence in particular? Have you tried running other methods/sequences or creating new ones from scratch?

Also, is it just the one instrument having this issue? Since the problem began, have you tried to re-configure the instrument or create a new instrument in the OpenLAB Control Panel to try to resolve the problem?

jusuran

Hi ryoboyle,

Since 1 week ago the problem seems to disappear. We change the experiment run for the new project but it's happened 2 times within a few days. We had checked as your comment

- There are no the power outage or Windows update when then the error found.

- We use an only single instrument run for multiple sequences in the same method and the error almost found in the first sequence.

- When finished the sequence and stop run, close software and restart the software again. The error will disappear in the next sequence.

We run the multiple sequences for the project and have not to re-configure because we don't want to interrupt the experiment.

Is this the program's bug?

ryoboyle

Hello,

Is it possible that the PC is going to sleep during the sequence and losing communication with the instrument? Are the power options set as specified in the installation guide?

Do you know whether you have any service releases or hotfixes installed?

jusuran

Hi ryoboyle,

No, It is not possible. The power options were set by Agilent's engineer as specified on installation. We have 2 units of UPLC 1290 in the same model. Same software OpenLAB EZChrome version A.04.07.

Same OS Windows 7 Professional service pack 1.

The different is UPLC which problem is run on 32-bit usable RAM at 3.43 GB but another run on 64-bit usable RAM at 7.89 GB.

Last time repairing found software error was found about missing path program in September 2017. The Agilent's Engineer reconfigures the software and the error was gone. No of any service releases or hotfixes installed from installation.

Is it possible that the software will not compatible with 32-bit  or RAM of the computer?

ryoboyle

The memory could definitely be related. For A.04.07 the minimum physical memory requirement for a workstation is 4 GB.

A.04.07 is supported on Win7 SP1 32bit though.

jusuran

I tried to add the new 8GB RAM in the mainboard already. The total is 12 GB but the system showed the usable RAM at 3.43GB. our IT said that Win7 32 bit cannot use the RAM more than 4 GB and some of the memory must be used for OS so it might remain less than 4 GB for running the program. So if this is the root cause of the problem, I think that A.04.07 may not really be supported on Win7 32 bit.

ryoboyle

Win7 SP1 32bit is most definitely supported for an A.04.07 workstation. See below from the relevant information from the CDS_hw-sw-requirements.pdf found on Disk 1 of the A.04.07 installation media:

There are many other possible causes for the error that you are seeing that could range anywhere from Operating System configuration to an EZChrom file corruption. Some general recommendations would be to try to run a disk cleanup and defrag and then run a repair on the software if it is still throwing that error message.

More in depth troubleshooting is possible, but the the Community is not necessarily the best forum for exchanging the files that we would need to review. If you have not done so already, I would recommend that you contact your local Agilent support for help regarding this issue: Contact Us | Agilent

jusuran

Hi ryoboyle,

Thank you very much for your reply. Before I posted in this community, I contact the local Agilent both call center and expert engineer first but no response from them so I would like to discuss with someone for the second opinion. I feel very happy and enjoy your comment and suggestion.

Since yesterday I tried to contact Agilent laboratory informatic support center for this issue. Now I get Service request no. from them already. Waiting for solving this problem...

ryoboyle

Hello,

I am marking this post as assumed answered due to inactivity. Please let us know if you need any further help.