This Information Applies To: OpenLab CDS (version 2.x)
This article describes for how to create a new result set by combining multiple result sets with OpenLab CDS (version 2.x). Creating result sets can be useful in the following scenarios:
- Combining single samples, sequences, or a combination of both that can be reprocessed with a specific method.
- Combining data from different sources in the same result set.
- Shortening a sequence.
Before creating a combined result set, consider your company's data integrity policies and procedures.
Steps to follow:
Tips: To be able to carry out the procedure as described, you need the privilege Data Processing > Create new result set. Privileges are configured in the OpenLab Control Panel.
Start OpenLab CDS Data Analysis. Click Load Data and select the data to be included in the new results set.
Repeat Load Data step to add data from another Result Set.
- Highlight the required injections:
- To highlight a range of injections: Click the first injection in the range, hold down the [Shift] key, then click the last injection in the range.
To highlight multiple individual injections: Click the first injection, and hold down the CTRL key while clicking other injections.
- Right click selected data and execute Add Selected Injections to New Result Set from context menu.
In the Processing tab, and select Create New Result Set to display the Create New Result Set dialog box.
- In the Result Set Creation dialog box, re-order, or remove injections and set the processing information for the Selected Injections:
- Use the arrow buttons to move injections u or down the list.
- Click X to remove an injection from the list.
- Click Browse to select a processing method. The Processing Method can also be selected after the New Result Set creation.
Input a name for the new result set and click Create to finish.
The selected injections and the processing method are copied into the new result set folder and automatically loaded in the Data Processing view. You can use it as any other result set.
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab CDS System:
Agilent 1260 Infinity LC Systems with OpenLab CDS (ver. 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5)
Agilent 7890 Series GC with OpenLab CDS e-learning paths available from Agilent education