This Information Applies To: Agilent OpenLab CDS 2.x in file system configuration
Sometimes, you will need to change the Projects Root Path/ Project Storage Path. This article outlines the procedure on how to change it.
For Standalone OpenLab CDS Workstation, all project data is stored on the local file system. To find out if the storage type is set as Local File System or Content Management, open the OpenLab Control Panel, go to the Administration tab, and click Local Configuration. Check if Storage Mode is set as File System.
Projects Root Path was the original term in OpenLab CDS rev. 2.3 and below. It was changed to Project Storage Path in OpenLab CDS rev. 2.4. Each project has its own project folder, but all project folders reside in the Projects Root Path/ Project Storage Path.
To be able to change the Projects Storage Path, the directory must be empty. If you already created projects, copy the project folders away temporarily, then delete the project folder in the original storage path. After you have set the correct path, create the projects again and move the data back.
Steps to Follow
- Copy CDSProjects folder in File Explorer.
- Temporarily paste it to another drive. (Figure 1).
- Launch Control Panel. Navigate to Projects. Select and delete any existing project. (Figure 2)
- Launch Control Panel. Navigate to Administration > System Configuration. In the top ribbon, click Edit System Settings.
The default storage path is File System located at C:\CDSProjects. In the drop-down list, change from Keep current configuration to File System. Click Next. (Figure 3)
Click Browse to select the drive or location that you prefer. (Figure 4)
Click Next > Apply > OK. When complete, the Control Panel will restart with new Project Storage Path.Warning: Checking Secure Project Folder, prevents user from modifying or deleting the project folders from local file browsers.
- Create projects with new Project Storage Path by following the instruction from article How to Add a Project in OpenLab CDS 2.x . In case projects were created before this procedure, make sure the names of the newly created projects match the names of the previous ones.
- If necessary, move the contents of the backup CDSProjects folder described in step 2, to the new storage path.
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab Chromatography Data System: