This Information Applies To: Agilent LC Systems with Agilent OpenLab CDS 2.x
This article outlines the procedure on how to create and submit an LC sample preparation method in OpenLab CDS 2.x
Some applications require manual sample preparation. This tedious manual procedure can be executed on the autosampler. However, this function may or may not be available, depending on your instrument configuration.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the Acquisition. Go to Method layout.
- Open the Sample Prep window. The previous settings are displayed.
- (Optional.) Click New to clear the method.
- Under Instrument Setup, click a module (sampler).
- Click Append to add one or more parameter functions. (Figure 1)
- Choose a function from the Function list.
Check the OpenLab Help and Learning page to learn more about the Pretreatment/Injector Program functions for standard autosampler, vialsampler, high performance autosampler, multisampler, and dual loop autosampler.
- (Optional) Click Insert to insert a function above the function you have selected.
- Continue to add Functions to each module under Instrument Setup until you complete your Sample Prep method.
Click Append to add the contents of the edit line to the end of the table.
Click Insert to insert the contents of the edit line above the currently selected line.
Click Delete to delete the currently selected line.
Click Clear All to clear all pretreatment/injector program functions from the table.
Click Move up to move the currently selected line one position up in the order of execution.
Click Move down to move the currently selected line one position down in the order of execution.
Click Cut to delete the currently selected line and place it on the clipboard.
Click Copy to copy the currently selected line to the clipboard.
Click Paste to paste the line on the clipboard at the current position.
- Click Save As to save your Sample Preparation method as .smx file. (Figure 2)
- Submit a sequence with the required acquisition method (.amx file) and sample preparation method (.smx file) properly selected in the sequence table. (Figure 3)
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab CDS Software:
HPLC-0GEN-2030e - Analysis of Biomolecules with HPLC e-learning course available from Agilent Education