This Information Applies To: OpenLab CDS, OpenLab ChemStation, OpenLab EZChrom
This article describes steps following for how to create user or group at OpenLab software only for Internal Authentication Provider setting at system configuration.
Steps to follow
- Start your OpenLab Control Panel and Select Administration Node. See Figure-1
- Confirm at System Configuration that Authentication Provider has been set as Internal. See Figure-1
- Start OpenLab Control Panel and Select Administration node.
- Select Users and press the “Create User” button. See Figure-2
- Select the "General" tab to Input for new user information. See Figure-3
Caution: Name(ID) for User is used for Login Name at OpenLab software. Name(ID) will not be able to change after user creation.
Tips: Check Box “User must change password at next logon” will be used for the scenario: Administrator creates initial password for new user and new user will need to change own password at next logon manually.
- Select the “Group Membership” tab and select groups to assign for new users. See Figure-4
- Select the “Role Membership” tab and select roles to assign for new users. See Figure-5
- Press the OK button to finish the Edit User window and the New User will be displayed in the list. See Figure-6
- Start OpenLab Control Panel and Select Administration node. See Figure-7
- Select Groups and execute Create Group button. See Figure-7
- Select the "Users" tab to Input the required fields for adding an existing user. See Figure-8
Caution: Name of Group will not be able to change after new group has been created.
- Select the "Role Membership" tab to assign an existing role to configure a new group. See Figure-9
Tips: If new user will operate instrument, “Instrument User” role should be assigned to start CDS software to acquire data.
Also please assign existing Technician or Chemist role as default to operate data acquisition or data analysis if this user required restricted permission.
- Press the OK button to finish Create Group dialog. See Figure-9
- After pressing the OK button, the new group will be displayed on the list. See Figure-10
- For editing the existing Group, press the Edit Group button. See Figure-10
- New User will be able to start OpenLab software and input the initial password then press the OK button to log on. See Figure-11
- If the “Password must be changed at next logon” option has been selected as Figure-3, the Confirmation dialog will prompt to change the initial password and press the Yes button. See Figure-11
- Input initial password as Old Password. Input the new password and retype the same new password to Confirm. Press the OK button to change the initial password to the new password. See Figure-11
- Logon users can check Group membership and role membership at My Setting at Administration node. See Figure-12
|Learn how to effectively operate your OpenLab software:
Please check for Video on Agilent Community for Getting Started with Help and Learning.
Please see Help and Learning by typing F1 key at your CDS Workstation desktop during OpenLab session.
Path to follow the topics: