This Information Applies To: Agilent OpenLab CDS Software Version 2.X.
This article will give instructions on how to create, save, and open acquisition methods in the OpenLab CDS Software.
Steps to follow:
- Launch the acquisition software through the OpenLab Control Panel, selecting Instruments in the bottom-left corner menu, then selecting your instrument from the list of instruments and clicking Launch. Alternatively, do it by double-clicking the shortcut on your desktop (if you created one).
- In the Acquisition window's Home tab, select the Method layout.
- Work on the preloaded method (default method or last loaded method), create a method (Figure 1, marked in red) or open/load another method as a template (Figure 1, marked in blue).
- Go through the different menu entries to modify the method parameters according to your application by selecting the corresponding module under Instrument Setup.
- After finishing, either save the method as a new file (Figure 1, marked in turquoise) or save it overwriting the loaded method file (Figure 1, marked in green).
|Figure 1: Opening or creating a method, editing the method parameters and saving the method file.|
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab CDS Software:
HPLC-OLII-1121e - Agilent Infinity LC Systems with OpenLab CDS – Acquisition Method e-learning course on Agilent University