This Information Applies To: Agilent GC/MS MassHunter Data Acquisition Software
Multiple samples can be run without user intervention using an Automated Liquid Sampler (ALS) in combination with a Sequence.
Users can perform simple edits to a new or existing sequence template to specify the sequence of vial numbers, sample names, data file names, and storage locations, etc. The sequence can then be run according to the following procedure.
Steps to follow
The video shown in Figure 1 demonstrates the following steps on how to create a sequence:
1. Select Sequence > Edit Sequence or click the Edit Sequence icon on the Instrument Control panel to display the sequence table. Each line in the sequence table contains information for the analysis of one sample (one vial for an ALS).
2. To use a previously saved sequence table column layout, click Tools and select Load Column Layout from the drop-down list to display the Open dialog box. Select the file that contains the correct layout and click Open.
3. If you want to add more samples than the current table can hold, click the drop-down list, and select 1 Sample, 5 Samples, and N Samples to add one, 5, or customized numbers of new sample lines in the table.
4. Edit the sequence table by entering the required values for all parameters that apply to each sample.
Tips: When using the 7693 ALS with a G4515A Barcode Reader tray installed, you must enter a value in the Expected Barcode column. If you are not entering a barcode value, enter the non-case sensitive string Off to disable reading of a non-existent barcode.
To use Sample Overlap on an ALS and tray, the sequence must use a single method defining Sample Overlap for all samples.
5. To copy the value in a selected cell down to all subsequent cells, select a cell in the table and click.
6. To increment up a number's value in a selected cell to all subsequent cells, select a cell in the table, and click.
7. When you are finished, click OK to close the sequence table.
8. Save the sequence.
9. Select Sequence > Run Sequence or click the Run Sequence icon on the Instrument Control panel. The Start Sequence dialog Basic tab is displayed in Figure 2.
10. Specify the Method Sections to run, Sequence Barcode Options, and any Pre-Sequence or Post-Sequence Macros/Command needed. Optionally, click the Recurring Keyword tab to automatically run a recurring keyword based on a specified interval.
11. Click Run Sequence to start processing samples. A sequence status bar is displayed above the Instrument Control panel for monitoring and controlling the sequence (see Figure 3).
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent MassHunter Software:
Agilent 7000 or 7010 Triple Quadrupole GC/MS with MassHunter Workstation e-learning paths available from Agilent education
GCMS-MH-2121e - GC/MS MassHunter: Importing Simulating and Running a Sequence (Ver. B.07) e-learning courses available from Agilent education