This Information Applies To: Agilent LC and CE Systems compatible with Lab Advisor
Firmware is updated or downgraded when new features are added, or to fix some system bugs. It also solves compatibility issues when a new module is added to an existing system or a new hardware. Some regulatory requirements can also trigger a firmware upgrade or downgrades.
This procedure requires the use of Agilent Lab Advisor Software.
Platforms and Firmware sets
Firmware differs depending on the function and complexity of the mainboard contained in each module in your LC stack. For example, an oven is a hosted module. That's why it doesn't include any LAN or USB ports. Modules that do not contain any LAN port rely on CAN inter-module communication for Firmware changes.
- A.xxx firmware: This type of module doesn't have a LAN port. It applies to all Agilent 1100 series modules from 1995.
- B.xxx firmware: This type of module does have a LAN port. It applies on some Agilent 1200 series modules, on 1260 and 1290 detectors and 1290 pumps.
- C.xxx firmware: This type of module doesn't have a LAN port and requires a other module as host with the same firmware (via CAN).
- D.xxx firmware: This Firmware type applies to Agilent Infinity II series modules. All modules must have the latest firmware from the same set.
Agilent always recommends using the latest module firmware revision of a firmware set in order to avoid interoperability issues.
Always use latest firmware from the same set as it was only tested within a set. Not complying with this rule can generate problems or may not work at all.
A module with firmware C, must be in sync with a module with B or D firmware.
Download the firmware from Agilent.com Firmware download section
Firmware Update Procedure
Load the firmware set and update both the resident and the main firmware on the module in need.
- Open Agilent Lab Advisor software and connect the system to update.
- Go to Firmware Update.
- Select the Folder for the firmware sets.
- Lock the system.
- If different sets of firmware are available, they can be selected for each modules and each type of firmware.
- Click Update once each setting has been selected (see Figure1 for reference). During this process, the lights of the modules selected for update will be flickering.
Learn how to effectively maintain and troubleshoot your Agilent LC System:
Lab Advisor user manual on Agilent.com