This Information Applies To: Agilent G7167A/B Infinity II Multisamplers
The Agilent Multisampler auto referencing procedure uses predefined positions on the base plate and the sample hotel to calibrate the positioning of the needle parkstation and the sample hotel. Auto referencing is required to compensate for deviations in positioning the needle assembly and the sample tray. The procedure is required after disassembling the system or when you exchange the sample handler, the sample hotel, the needle parkstation, the needle assembly, or one of the main boards.
This function is implemented in the drawer detection and in the needle exchange routine.
Steps to follow
There are various ways to perform the auto referencing procedure of the G7167A/B multisampler (via Lab Advisor, CDS, or the Instant Pilot).
All the methods first require the following preparation steps:
- Empty the workspace of the Multisampler
- Close all drawers properly
- Install two sample trays in each drawer without sample containers
- All drawers should have been properly configured
- The needle assembly is installed in the needle parkstation
Auto Referencing via Lab Advisor
- Connect the instrument to Lab Advisor
- Go to Instrument Control
- Go to the Controls of the Multisampler and find Configuration
- Press the "Clear Data" button
- Reboot the sampler with the ON/OFF button
- Reconnect the Lab Advisor go back to Instrument Control and Configuration
- Click the Detect Drawers / Auto Referencing button and follow the procedure.
Auto Referencing via CDS
Open the CDS of the instrument
Right-click in the Active Area of the Multisampler. This action will open a drop-down menu. Select 'Modify' and select 'Drawer Configuration' (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Drawer Configuration in OpenLab CDS
Follow the steps given by the software for the Auto Referencing procedure
When done, click the 'Back' button.
Auto Referencing via the Instant Pilot
- Connect the instrument with the Instant Pilot
- Press More and then press Diagnostics
- Find the tests under the Multisampler. Perform the steps for the Auto Referencing procedure given by Instant Pilot.
Learn how to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and operate your Agilent LC System:
Agilent 1260 Infinity LC Systems with OpenLab CDS e-learning path on Agilent University