This Information Applies To: Agilent 1260 Isocratic (G1310B) quaternary (G1311B) pump modules
This procedure risks exposure to hazardous, toxic or flammable solvents and reagents. When working with these substances observe safety procedures (for example by wearing protective googles, suitable safety gloves and protective clothing) as described in the material handling and safety data sheet supplied by the chemical vendor, and always follow good laboratory practice.
1. Remove the pump front cover.
2. If possible, raise the solvent filters in each solvent bottle connect to the pump above the level of solvent in the bottle. This will minimize solvent leaking from the solvent tubes while performing this maintenance.
3. Disconnect the solvent inlet tube from the inlet valve. Be aware that solvents might leak out of the tube, so use gloves and lab wipes to catch any spills.
4. Using a 14mm wrench, loosen the passive inlet valve and remove the valve from the pump head.
5. Insert the new inlet valve into the pump head and tighten the valve using a torque wrench to 12 Nm.
6. Reconnect the solvent inlet tube to the passive inlet valve.
7. Reinstall the front cover.
If possible, run a system pressure test with the outlet of the purge valve blanked off using the appropriate blanking nut (Part No. 01080-83202) to ensure the pump flow path is pressure tight to a pressure higher than your application requires