This Information Applies To: All Agilent G7120A 1290 Infinity II High Speed Pump modules.
- The inlet valve is defective.
- A pressure or leak rate test in Lab Advisor suggests the inlet valve may require replacement.
- If a large increase in pressure ripple is observed.
Steps to follow
- Wrench, 14 mm
- 5067–5688 - Torque wrench 1 to 25 Nm with 14 mm wrench
- G4220-60022 - Inlet valve (primary pump head)
Warning: This procedure risks exposure to hazardous, toxic, or flammable solvents and reagents. Wear appropriate PPE as described in the material handling and safety data sheet supplied by the chemical vendor, and always follow good laboratory practice
Caution: For best performance and life time and for avoiding leaks. Use a torque wrench set to approx. 10 Nm for fixing the inlet valve to the pump head.
2. Unscrew the tubing at the inlet valve.
3. With a 14 mm wrench, unscrew the inlet valve and remove it.
4. Install replacement inlet valve in the primary pump head (1) and tighten it (2) to approx. 10 Nm. with a torque wrench (14 mm).
5. Attach the inlet tubing at the inlet valve.
6. Open the shutoff valve and thoroughly purge the system to remove air.
7. Close any online sessions connected to the LC system.
8. Open Agilent Lab Advisor, connect to the LC system, and then select Service and Diagnostics from the left-hand side navigator.
9. Select the G7120A High Speed pump from the list of available modules, then select and run the Pump Leak Rate Test from the list of pump maintenance tasks.
10. Follow the instructions given in Lab Advisor and select an appropriate test pressure to run the Pump Leak Rate Test. If the test passes, the pump should be good to use. If the test fails or aborts without reaching the test pressure, please contact your local Agilent service representative.
Cause: If old or aged Acetonitrile is left in the inlet ball valve, then the ball inside the valve can stick open or closed causing pressure and flow issues. Always flush pumps after use according to instructions given in the pump user manual.
Learn more on how to effectively troubleshoot your Agilent Infinity II High Speed Pump please see the following User manual