This Information Applies To: All 1100, 1200, 1260, 1290 LC systems with Refractory Index Detector (G1362A).
The light is falling on light receiving diodes is out of balance.
The optical balance procedure is performed to correct a permanent misalignment of the light beam. It cannot be eliminated by flushing the sample and the reference cell with the same solvent and by equilibrating the system.
- Flat head screwdriver
- Long screwdriver
Steps to follow:
- Alignment procedure
For the alignment procedure, perform a general cleaning on the instrument, based on your last analysis.
- Keep the analysis temperature on the detector (follow the method temperature).
- Prepare the mobile phase/solvent to be used in your analysis and purge the pump normally.
- Flush the solvent into the equipment with the usual operating flow for at least 15 minutes.
- Turn on the RID purge valve and purge the reference cell for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the RID purge valve, but keep the operating flow.
- Optical alignment