This Information Applies To: Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Modules
Reinstallation of the pump head on the pump metering drive during maintenance on an Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Module
Steps to follow
1. Ensure that your Agilent 1260 Infinity Pump module is turned off at the front power switch.
2. Place your pump head on the pump metering drive.
3. Insert the two pump head bolts through the two holes in the pump head into the metering drive.
4. Tighten the bolts. Start with two to three turns on each side, moving evenly from one side to the other, gradually but evenly tightening the pump head onto the metering drive. Tightening in an even fashion reduced stress on the pistons and avoids piston damage or breakage. (See Figure 1)
Caution: When tightening the pump head bolts, make sure that the bolts are tightened evenly left and right. Do not tighten one pump bolt fully while leaving the other bolt loose as it may cause misalignment of the pump head and snapped pistons.
Figure 1. Mounting the pump head on the pump metering drive.
5. Tighten each bolt until tight, then give an extra quarter turn.
6. Reconnect the tubing from the Outlet Ball Valve (OBV) to the damper, and as with all tubing, tighten until it starts to feel tight, then one more quarter turn. (See Figure 2)
7. Reconnect the tubing from the damper to piston 2. (See Figure 2)
Figure 2. Reinstalling the capillaries onto the pump head.
8. Reconnect the tubing from the outlet of your purge valve to the autosampler.
9. Reconnect the tubing to either the passive inlet valve (PIV) if you have an Agilent 1260 Infinity Isocratic or Quaternary Pump, or to your Active Inlet Valve (AIV) if you have an Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary Pump.
10. Reconnect the waste tubing to the purge valve by pushing it onto the barb fitting on the underside of the purge valve. (See Figure 3)
Figure 3. Reinstalling purge valve fittings.
11. Turn on the pump and wait for the pump module to initialize.
|Learn more on how to effectively troubleshoot your Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Modules:
HPLC-1260-2230z - Changing Pump Seals in Agilent 1260 Binary and Quaternary and Isocratic Pumps e-learning course available from Agilent Education