This Information Applies To: Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Modules
Reinstallation of the pump head on the pump metering drive during maintenance on an Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Module
Steps to follow
1. Ensure that your Agilent 1260 Infinity Pump module is turned off at the front power switch.
2. Place your pump head on the pump metering drive.
3. Insert the two pump head bolts through the two holes in the pump head into the metering drive.
4. Tighten the bolts. Start with two to three turns on each side, moving evenly from one side to the other, gradually but evenly tightening the pump head onto the metering drive. Tightening in an even fashion reduced stress on the pistons and avoids piston damage or breakage. (See Figure 1)
Caution: When tightening the pump head bolts, make sure that the bolts are tightened evenly left and right. Do not tighten one pump bolt fully while leaving the other bolt loose as it may cause misalignment of the pump head and snapped pistons.
5. Tighten each bolt until tight, then give an extra quarter turn.
|Learn more on how to effectively troubleshoot your Agilent 1260 Infinity Binary, Quaternary or Isocratic Pump Modules:
HPLC-1260-2230z - Changing Pump Seals in Agilent 1260 Binary and Quaternary and Isocratic Pumps e-learning course available from Agilent Education