This Information Applies To: All Agilent HPLC modules.
The firmware is stored on a HPLC module's mainboard. It's a set of parameters, low-level commands, and functions stored on the internal memory of a HPLC module and required for its operation. The firmware consists of two independent components:
- a non-instrument-specific part, called Resident Firmware
- an instrument-specific part, called Main System Firmware
Note: As functions are constantly being optimized, bugs fixed, and compatibility issues solved, keeping your modules' firmware up to date is important. Check this article on how to do it using Lab Advisor.
The information on the (main) firmware revision can be found in different locations. Possible options are:
- In both OpenLab ChemStation and OpenLab 2, the information can be found beneath the module list on the grey info button . It can be found underneath the module windows under Instrument Status (OpenLab 2, see Figure 1) or Instrument Control (ChemStation, Figure 2):
Figure 3). It does not matter whether your instrument is online or offline:
- In OpenLab ChemStation, go to Method and Run Control. Select Instrument > Revision and Serial #s... you can find the firmware revision.
- For both types of software, you can also find the information in the module configuration: In the OpenLab Control Panel, select your instrument and click the Configure Instrument button . Then double-click the corresponding module (Figure 4) and check the firmware information (Figure 5):
- Another easy alternative is to open the Lab Advisor Software, connect to the Instrument and check the firmware information under System Overview (typically, the software opens with this screen) for each module (Figure 6):
On the Instant Pilot: Go to More > Maintenance and all modules are listed.
On the old Control Module: Press Esc > Analysis > F5 Views > System (select module) > Records F3.
|Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab CDS Software:
HPLC-OLII-1101e - Agilent OpenLab CDS Screen Navigation for Infinity LC Systems e-learning course available from Agilent education