This Information Applies To: 5000 series ICP-OES (5100/5110/5800/5900) ICP Expert version 7.5
How to install an upgrade version of ICP Expert via USB to current ICP Expert (i.e. 7.5.2 upgraded to 7.5.3)
To upgrade the current version of software to the new version of software, please have your current ICP Expert Software closed and log onto the computer with Administrator privileges.
1. Insert the ICP Expert software USB in the PC
2. If AutoPlay prompts to Run ICPExpertSetup.exe, select Yes
3. If no prompt appears, navigate through the file explorer to the ICP Expert USB
4. Open the folders to look for "ICPExpertSetup" application (Figure 1) and double click to run the application
Figure 1. Icon for ICPExpertSetup.exe
5. When asked for permission to makes changes, select Yes
6. When asked for destination location, it is recommended to use the default location of C:\Program Files (x86) and selecting Install on the prompt box
7. Allow the program to complete and follow the prompts as they appear
8. Select Finish when prompted
9. The PC may need to be restarted, allow if prompted. If not prompted, once installation is complete, manually restart the PC
10. The upgrade is now complete and ICP Expert can be used normally.
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent ICP-OES: