This Information Applies To: Agilent 5800/5900 ICP-OES
The instrument requires clean, dry, noncorrosive air for cooling purposes. The air enters the instrument through an air supply vent located beside the chimney on the top of the instrument. The vent is fitted with a dust filter to screen out particulate matter from the surrounding environment. This filter should be replaced regularly to prevent reduced air flow.
Remove the filter:
Figure 1 shows how to remove the air filter.
- Turn off the instrument and gas supply.
Caution: Always turn off your instrument before attempting to replace a filter to prevent dust and contaminants entering the instrument.
Remove the filter cartridge from the instrument
Lift the two tabs on the cartridge up and then open the cartridge cover.
Pull the bracket out of the cartridge.
Remove and dispose of the used filter according to local regulations.
Figure 1: Removing the air filet
Install the new air filter:
Figure 2 shows how to install the air filter.
- Push the new filter (Agilent part number G8020-68016) securely into the bracket.
- Slide the bracket into the cartridge with the filter side facing the large side opening.
- Slide the two bracket tabs into the cutouts on the cartridge.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Fully insert the cartridge into the instrument with the filter side facing the back of the instrument.
Before using the instrument:
- Turn on the external exhaust if off.
- Turn on the instrument and gas supply.
- Purge the instrument for at least 60 minutes.
Recommended maintenance: Agilent recommends replacing the air filter monthly.
Order your new Agilent air filter here