This Information Applies To: Agilent 8890/8860/Intuvo9000 GC Systems
When you are working on troubleshooting an Agilent GC system with an Agilent support representative, you may need to provide the GC diagnostics logs.
This article shows how to get the files from the browser interface of the 8890, 8860 and Intuvo 9000 GC Systems.
A PC that is on the same network as the GC.
Tip: You can also gather the logs directly from the Agilent Software. See the following article: Gathering GC Diagnostics Log Files Using the Agilent Acquisition Software
Steps to Follow
- In the PC Web Browser, type in the GC IP address, and press the Enter key. The GC Browser Interface will open.
- In the GC Browser Interface, go to the Diagnostics tab. (See Figure 1)
- Click Gather Logs. (See Figure 1)
Caution: For some Firmware Versions, you may be required to add a name before starting to gather diagnostics
- Click Start Gathering.
The log should now appear under the Available Logs section. (See Figure 1)
- Select the log from the Available Logs section.
- Click Load.
This step will download the log in the Windows Download folder.
- Send the log file to the Agilent Support Representative.
Learn how to effectively operate and maintain your Agilent 8890 GC System:
Agilent 8890 Gas Chromatograph Operation Manual user manual on Agilent.com
Agilent 8890 Series Gas Chromatograph Troubleshooting user manual on Agilent.com