This Information Applies To: Agilent 7890 GC system
If the column configuration has been defined in the method, the instrument will calculate the pressure to maintain the target column flow rate. The column configuration must be edited or calibrated when a new column is installed, or the column is trimmed during routine maintenance.
Steps to Follow
Note: To edit the column configuration using OpenLab CDS 2.x software, see GC Column Configuration Using OpenLab CDS Software
On the 7890 keyboard:
- Press [Config][Col 1] or [Config][Col 2], or press [Config][Aux Col #][#].
Note: "#" is the number of the column to be configured
- Scroll to the respective line and type:
- Length (in meters) > [Enter]
- Inside Diameter (in microns) > [Enter]
- Thickness (in microns) > [Enter]
- To confirm that the settings were applied, press [Col 1], [Col 2], or [Aux Col #] [#], and check the values.
Tips: To adjust the length of composite columns, follow the instructions in the Column Calibration section in the 7890 Operation Manual.
Learn how to effectively maintain your Agilent GC columns:
GC-0GEN-1070e - Installation Care and Maintenance of Capillary GC Columns e-learning course available from Agilent education.