This Information Applies To: 5200/5300/5400 Fragment Analyzer controller software, Femto Pulse controller software, ZAG DNA Analyzer controller software, Oligo Pro II controller software
The Agilent Fragment Analyzer, Femto Pulse, ZAG, or Oligo Pro II controller software does not open when the desktop icon is double-clicked. Instead, one of the following errors come up:
- "Insert the 'Fragment Analyzer' disk and click OK"
- "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".
These errors indicate that the shortcut is not working, possibly due to the shortcut becoming corrupted.
The following instructions are provided for the Fragment Analyzer controller software. The resolution for the Femto Pulse, ZAG, and Oligo Pro II controller software is similar. However, the software .exe file and the folder in which the .exe file is located will be named after the instrument in question.
Figure 2. AATI Fragment Analyzer controller application path
2. In the preceding directory, you will see Fragment Analyzer program listed as Fragment Analyzer.exe. The file type will say Application. Double click or right-click and select Run as administrator. If the Fragment Analyzer software opens proceed to step 3.
3. Delete the old Fragment Analyzer controller software shortcut from the desktop.
4. Create a shortcut for the Fragment Analyzer application from C:/Agilent Technologies/Fragment Analyzer/Fragment Analyzer.exe by right clicking on the application file, Fragment Analyzer.exe (Figure 3).
Figure 3. Steps to Create Desktop shortcut for Fragment Analyzer Controller Software
5. The new shortcut is created in the same location as the Fragment Analyzer.exe file. This shortcut can be drag and dropped onto the desktop.
6. Double clicking the new shortcut will start the Fragment Analyzer controller software.
Learn how to effectively use your Parallel Capillary Electrophoresis Instrument: